Whenever you record a song that someone else wrote, you need to get permission from the copyright holders. This is true even if you are giving away your recording. Getting permission involves contacting the copyright holders for each song and it can be a real pain if you haven’t done a lot of this. But we can help you go through this process easily, just keep on reading.
Magroove for the rescue
If your CD includes cover songs (songs you perform that were written by someone else), Magroove has arranged an easy way for you to get the important licenses you need for legal compliance. We partnered up with Easy Song Licensing, a company specialised in music licensing, and made easy to obtain 100% of the rights you need to release any cover song in 1-2 business days.
How it works
- Contact Easy Song Licensing to discuss your project and the songs you want to license.
- Easy Song Licensing accepts payment online and over the phone with a credit card.
- After payment is received Easy Song Licensing will follow the Compulsory Law to obtain your mechanical licensing. Under this law, the copyright holder cannot refuse the license, which makes it possible for them to license 100% of any song. Licenses from Easy Song Licensing never expire.
- You will get Proof of Licensing in your email in 1-2 business days. This PDF attachment is what you will need to provide as proof that you have legally cleared your song(s).
- Your Proof of Licensing is securely and privately saved in your Easy Song Licensing account, and you also have the option to display it publicly for an additional fee.
Easy Song Licensing Pricing and Fees
- 14.99 fee per format per song, plus royalties.
- All royalties go to the copyright holder. Royalties vary by format.
- Licensing more than just a song or two? Ask about Easy Song Licensing’s volume discounts.