MUSIC DISTRIBUTION CHECKLIST
What do I need to upload my songs? Actually not much! If you are already being distributed in big streaming services, you will only need the Spotify link to your band. If not, no worries, you just need the following:
+ Basic Info
- Artist Name: Here you fill out your - Name of Primary Artist, Band Name, or Orchestra.
Note 1: Please fill out this field with our capitalization rule. You can fill it out in all CAPS, The First Letter In Caps, or all lowercase.
Note 2: All special characters you can do on your keyboard are allowed, for example: ?&$#()_-+=@!
- Release Name: The release name is the name of your EP, ALBUM, or Single.
Note 1: This is not the place to put the featuring/with/composer/producer/any kind of credits.
Note 2: Please fill out this field with our capitalization rule. Filling it out in all CAPS, or The First Letter In Caps, or all lowercase.
Note 3: All special characters you can do on your keyboard are allowed, for example: ?&$#()_-+=@!
- Genre: Here you will fill out the genre of your release.
- Release Year: Here you inform us the year that you published this release.
- Influences: At least three artists that influenced your work the most! These are important to give our musical AI a kickstart on classifying your music.
Now you will only need to check some boxes
- Is your release a live performance? Only check this box if all of your tracks are live-performance audio.
- Is this a posthumous release? Only check this box if your band is no longer active.
- Have you ever released this album with another distributor like CDBaby, Tunecore, or similar? Only check this box if you have already distributed this release somewhere else.
- Is any of your songs already available on YouTube? Only check this box if this release is already uploaded to YouTube.
- This release uses one or more samples from other artists? Check this box only if you used any kind of sample.
Note 1: all content uploaded to our platform (including samples, free beats...) must either be owned by the artists or be strictly authorized by the content owner.
Note 2: In our moderation process we reserve the right to block every release that makes use of unauthorized samples.
+ Song Upload
Here you can either drag and drop your audio file or click on the cloud browser to upload your tracks. The audio files for that specific album or EP, it doesn’t matter the format. Extra points if you have them in mp3, 320kbps, 44.100Hz, and 16bit. But if your files don’t follow these standards, no problem, we will make it happen for you!
Once the upload is finished you will need to fill out some other fields, them being:
- Explicit Content? Only check this box if your track has any explicit content.
- Is this an Instrumental track? If your release has only instrument sound check this box.
- This is a cover song or a remix? When you check this box a field will open for you to upload your license pdf.
Now it's time to fill out:
- Song Title: Here you will let us know the name of your song, please note that capitalization rule, special characters, and featuring rules apply here too.
Note 1: do not insert the feat/composer/publisher here.
Note 2: if your language is not listed, select English.
- Language: Fill out the language that your song is sung. If your release is instrumental only, please mark this section as instrumental.
- Featuring Artist and Role: Here you will let us know the name of the person and the role that this person played in the releases. (Example: Feat Beyoncé, Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Lyricist Taylor Swift, Producer Timbaland).
- Lyrics: Fill this out only if your release has Lyrics.
+ Song ISRCs
There are two options here.
- If your songs already have ISRCs assigned, you will need them now.
- If not, don't worry; we'll create them for you.
+ Cover upload
In sum, try to upload the largest image you can! Extra points if you have it in 3000x3000 px. And of course, it must not be of low quality or pixelated. Oh! Your cover must not contain any links, social media info, watermark, or brand logos on it, otherwise, it will not be accepted by our Moderation Team.
Rejected covers will be replaced by a generic cover and we will proceed with the upload process. Once the release has been fully distributed, you will be able to change the generic cover for a suitable one at will.
If you don't have a cover you can always create one with our generic cover generator, choose a free copyright image, font, color, and placement.
+ Final Touches
- Copyright Name and Copyright Year: Here you will fill out the name of the composer and the year that the song was copyrighted.
- Phonogram Copyright and Publishing Year: Here you will fill out the name of the recording rights owner and the year that it was originally published.
Note 1: If the release is under a label or a music record company you may fill in their name.
Note 2: Please fill out these fields with our capitalization rule. Filling it out in all CAPS, or The First Letter In Caps, or all lowercase.
Note 3: All special characters you can type on your keyboard are allowed, for example: ?&$#()_-+=@!
- Language: Choose the language used in the Metadata. In the Spotify box, you can simply copy the URL of your Spotify Artist Page and it will add automatically to your Spotify ID.
- Pre-order Date: Here you will choose the date that your pre-save link will be available to your fans.
- Launch Date: This is the actual date that your release will be available on all Magroove partner DSPs.
Note 1: If you check the option Immediately, note that your release will be available as soon as our moderation team finished analyzing your release. That can take up to 3 weeks.
Note 2: If you check Future and choose a date, your release will be available on that date you choose if the moderation team has finished analyzing.
Attention: We always recommend that you choose a date that is at least 3 weeks apart due to the time it may take for the moderation process to be concluded.
+ Did you really create your music? Copyright checklist
If you have any doubt regarding the extent of your rights in any sound, you should consult with a suitably qualified lawyer before uploading anything to Magroove or making any claims or counter-claims regarding your rights. However, as a general guide, here are some of the issues you might want to consider before uploading anything to Magroove.
Please note: This page provides some basic information about copyright. However, nothing on this page constitutes legal advice – please do not treat it as legal advice or as a substitute for legal advice. Please consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any matters related to copyright.
Can you answer “yes” to all of the following questions?
Did you compose the music yourself?
Did you write the lyrics yourself?
Did you record and produce the track yourself or do you have permission from the producer or record label that made the recording?
Do you have written permission from all copyright owners to use any samples contained in the track?
Can you answer “no” to all of the following questions?
Were you signed to a record label when you recorded the track?
Do you have a publishing deal?
Are you a member of a performing rights organization or collecting society?
Have you licensed your track to anyone else?
Does the track contain the entirety or any part of someone else's song(s)? Is it based on someone else’s song(s)?
Does the recording contain any music or excerpts from other copyrighted work (e.g. movie dialogue) or any speeches or recites from scripts, plays, or books (other than one written by you)